Over 12 lakh pilgrims have visited Kedarnath since the yatra began, administration issues monsoon advisory

Rudra
By
3 Min Read

Over 12 lakh pilgrims have visited Kedarnath since the yatra began smoothly on April 22, as Rudraprayag District Magistrate Vishal Mishra issued a monsoon advisory advising devotees to exercise caution as monsoon activity increased in the region.

“The Kedarnath Yatra started smoothly on April 22. More than 12 lakh people have come so far. The monsoon has also arrived. The rainy season is gradually increasing. Therefore, we, along with our entire team, are monitoring the entire traffic, landslide zone and Kedarnath temple through cameras,” Mishra told ANI.

He appealed to pilgrims to undertake the journey with necessary precautions and said health centre services are available for devotees during the yatra.

The District Magistrate advised pilgrims with medical conditions to carry their own medicines and also asked them to carry raincoats with them in view of the ongoing monsoon season.

He further urged devotees to maintain cleanliness along the trekking route and avoid the use of plastic.

Earlier, Mishra had said that the trek to Kedarnath Dham becomes more challenging during the monsoon due to the increased risk of landslides, falling debris and rockfalls. He stated that extensive safety arrangements have been made at vulnerable locations on both the Kedarnath Highway and the trekking route.

Several stretches on the Kedarnath Highway, including Sirobagad, Banswara, Jamu and Munkatiya, have been identified as highly landslide-prone areas.

On the trekking route, Kuber Glacier, Rambara, Bhimbali and Lincholi have been categorised as danger zones where additional monitoring and preparedness measures are in place.

Uttarakhand Disaster Management and Rehabilitation Minister Madan Kaushik informed that the state government has undertaken comprehensive preparations across all districts that are part of the Char Dham Yatra route, with close coordination with NDRF and SDRF, and the Chief Minister personally monitoring all arrangements.

Over 12 lakh pilgrims have visited Kedarnath since the yatra began on April 22, as the administration issues monsoon advisory warning of landslides and advises pilgrims to carry raincoats and medicines.

Follow Dharmic News for updates on Kedarnath Yatra and pilgrim safety in Uttarakhand.

Share This Article